Mission and Vision
The Cortland County Business Development Corporation (CCBDC) is the County’s lead economic development agency. The CCBDC works closely with its many local and state economic development partners to retain, create, and attract jobs to the community, thus improving the County’s economy and quality of life.
Public Authority’s Mission Statement
The Cortland County Business Development Corporation seeks to improve the quality of life in Cortland County by retaining and expanding existing job opportunities, attracting new jobs, and stimulating the investment of capital in the county.
List of Performance Goals
Working with the Cortland County Industrial Development Agency, the Business Development Corporation will:
- Act as the county’s lead economic development agency;
- Actively support and further the interests of county-based businesses;
- Will meet regularly with county businesses to identify and mitigate obstacles for growth and to exploit opportunities for growth;
- Will plan and implement programs to increase awareness of federal, state, and local business assistance programs;
- Will plan and implement marketing efforts both inside and outside of Cortland County that target the expansion of existing businesses, the establishment of new business, and the attraction of new companies, people, and investment to the county;
- Will assist in the planning, funding, and development of sites, buildings, infrastructure, and other programs and activities to facilitate business development and expansion;
- Will represent the interests of local governments with our federal and state elected officials with respect to economic development; and
- Will maintain relationships with federal, state, and regional elected officials and economic development allies to further Cortland County’s economic development program objectives