Welcome to Cortland, NY!
Cortland County, located in central upstate New York’s Finger Lakes region, is home to more than 50,000 people. The county’s many and diverse employers rely on a plentiful, motivated, well-educated workforce, an excellent transportation infrastructure providing easy access to major northeastern and international markets, and proximity to one of the nation’s highest concentrations of colleges and universities to make Cortland County an ideal location for relocating or expanding companies.
Monthly Board Meeting Notice – 40 Main Street, Suite A, 2nd Floor
Conference Room, 12:00 PM
- BDC Meeting – February 10, 2020
- IDA Meeting – February 10, 2020
- Next meetings are scheduled for Monday, March 9th @ Noon
Public Hearing Notices
Past Public Hearings (2019)
- July 1, 2019 – Lapeer Cortland Solar, LLC. Lapeer Town Barn,
Clarks Corners Road, Lapeer at 6:00 PM (Notice)
- September 5, 2019 – Sepp, Inc. (Creamery Hills) @ 11:00 AM
Harford Town Hall, 394 NYS Route 38, Harford NY (Notice)
- October 15, 2019 – 83-85 Main Street, LLC, 10:00 am (Notice)
Conference Room at 40 Main Street, Suite A, Cortland NY
- November 7, 2019 – Janis Solar, LLC @ 6:00 pm
Willet Town Hall, 1425-1427 Route 41, Willet NY (Notice)
Request for Proposals – Branding and Marketing Plan Development,
Downtown Revitalization Initiative – Click here for information
Cortland County Receives REDC Project Support
Cortland County projects have been awarded more than $4.3 million in Central New York Regional Economic Development Council grants announced yesterday in Albany.
The grants include:
• $870,000 for renovation and growth at the Marathon Boat Company;
• $800,000 for JM Murray’s expansion of its operations into the former Cortland Pump building in south Cortland;
• $500,000 to assist with the proposed redevelopment of the former Parker School as a child care facility
• $200,000 for the town of Cortlandville as it continues to develop the Gutchess Lumber Sports Park as a major Northeast sports tourism destination;
• More than $400,000 for window restoration at the city of Cortland’s historic fire station; and
• $215,000 for the removal of a dam causing aquatic connectivity obstruction on the Tioughnioga River.
The awards were part of an overall $86.2 million grant to the Central New York Region, comprising Cortland, Cayuga, Madison, Oswego, and Onondaga counties. The region was a “Top Awardee” in the annual economic development competition for the seventh time in nine years.
It’s great news for us and the region again this year,” said BDC executive director Garry VanGorder, a member of the REDC board. “It’s a lot of work but we have a great team. It’s paying off.”
- - Make sure all street and city names are spelled correctly.
- - Make sure your address includes a city and state.
- - Try entering a zip code.
Multipurpose building offering both retail space (3,078 sq ft) and warehouse (5,778 sq ft). Zoned B-2 by the Town of Cortlandville. Currently used for a swimming pool supply sales business (it includes a small, in ground swimming pool). Could be used for many other types of businesses. Located between the City of Cortland and Homer Village. Just south of Interstate 81, exchange 12. Several overhead doors provide access to the warehouse space. Alarm system on site.…
Underutilized north end plaza has plenty of room for retail business and offers the opportunity for a skilled developer to repurpose for light manufacturing, assembly, a call center, fitness or other. Dense nearby population and steady local traffic.…
Car Wash/Office Space Busy and long standing coin operated car wash with three self-service bays and one automatic. Attached 900 sq office unit with high visibility and strong traffic. Development sight of approximately 2 acres at the intersection of two NYS Highway with a traffic light…
Terrific Opportunity Motel, Restaurant and Tavern! Easy off-on interstate I-81 access in Marathon, NY. Great cash flow, municipal electric and many years of satisfied customers. Many updates including: New roof on Inn and Motel, new kitchen floor, new carpet in owners apt. and throughout the motel, and many more. See attachment for complete list.…
Built new in 2006 and suitable for many uses. 42'x72' pre engineered post-frame building with 50+ parking spaces. Open gathering space, two offices, public style rest rooms, commercial kitchen, storage rooms and additional half bath. Good location minutes from I81 and near rail line.…