Welcome to Cortland, NY!
Cortland County, located in central upstate New York’s Finger Lakes region, is home to more than 50,000 people. The county’s many and diverse employers rely on a plentiful, motivated, well-educated workforce, an excellent transportation infrastructure providing easy access to major northeastern and international markets, and proximity to one of the nation’s highest concentrations of colleges and universities to make Cortland County an ideal location for relocating or expanding companies.
Monthly Board Meeting Notice – 40 Main Street, Suite A, 2nd Floor
Conference Room, 12:00 PM
- BDC Meeting – March 9, 2020
- IDA Meeting – March 9, 2020
- BDC Meeting – February 10, 2020
- IDA Meeting – February 10, 2020 (Watch Live)
- Next meetings are scheduled for Monday, April 13th @ Noon
Public Hearing Notices
Past Public Hearings (2019)
- July 1, 2019 – Lapeer Cortland Solar, LLC. Lapeer Town Barn,
Clarks Corners Road, Lapeer at 6:00 PM (Notice)
- September 5, 2019 – Sepp, Inc. (Creamery Hills) @ 11:00 AM
Harford Town Hall, 394 NYS Route 38, Harford NY (Notice)
- October 15, 2019 – 83-85 Main Street, LLC, 10:00 am (Notice)
Conference Room at 40 Main Street, Suite A, Cortland NY
- November 7, 2019 – Janis Solar, LLC @ 6:00 pm
Willet Town Hall, 1425-1427 Route 41, Willet NY (Notice)
Request for Proposals – Branding and Marketing Plan Development,
Downtown Revitalization Initiative – Click here for information
Cortland County Receives REDC Project Support
Cortland County projects have been awarded more than $4.3 million in Central New York Regional Economic Development Council grants announced yesterday in Albany.
The grants include:
• $870,000 for renovation and growth at the Marathon Boat Company;
• $800,000 for JM Murray’s expansion of its operations into the former Cortland Pump building in south Cortland;
• $500,000 to assist with the proposed redevelopment of the former Parker School as a child care facility
• $200,000 for the town of Cortlandville as it continues to develop the Gutchess Lumber Sports Park as a major Northeast sports tourism destination;
• More than $400,000 for window restoration at the city of Cortland’s historic fire station; and
• $215,000 for the removal of a dam causing aquatic connectivity obstruction on the Tioughnioga River.
The awards were part of an overall $86.2 million grant to the Central New York Region, comprising Cortland, Cayuga, Madison, Oswego, and Onondaga counties. The region was a “Top Awardee” in the annual economic development competition for the seventh time in nine years.
It’s great news for us and the region again this year,” said BDC executive director Garry VanGorder, a member of the REDC board. “It’s a lot of work but we have a great team. It’s paying off.”
- - Make sure all street and city names are spelled correctly.
- - Make sure your address includes a city and state.
- - Try entering a zip code.
Containing over 82,000 with 49,000 s/f located on the first floor. Building contains 22,175 s/f of warehouse space, 20,280 s/f of manufacturing space and offices containing approximately 6,000 s/f on the first floor. Two other floors contain the balance of the space. This property is serviced by rail, and is located within 1 mile from I-81. It has plenty of loading docks, is fully sprinklered with plenty of power and very high capacity boilers.…
Main Building - 205,000 s/f building to support manufacturing, office, shipping/receiving and warehousing activities. The northern portion contains a mezzanine that runs the length of the building (569 ft.). The mezzanine can be fitted for use as a crane way or used as its original purpose: to serve the manufacturing actives below the needed infrastructure such as electricity, compressed air, water access, exterior stagings areas, and rail sidings. The office component is attached to the building; it has a modern architectural exterior design, plenty of windows and is well landscaped. The office will create a quality corporate image.…
Huge commercial building for lease in the heart of Upstate New York. Great investment opportunity. Building currently occupies 4 local companies with outstanding income potential. Building offers 4 loading docks; parking for nearly 200+; various office, manufacturing and warehouse space; 20' ceiling height (maximum); fully functional sprinkler system; 2 separate security systems; and much more.…