Welcome to Cortland, NY!
Cortland County, located in central upstate New York’s Finger Lakes region, is home to more than 50,000 people. The county’s many and diverse employers rely on a plentiful, motivated, well-educated workforce, an excellent transportation infrastructure providing easy access to major northeastern and international markets, and proximity to one of the nation’s highest concentrations of colleges and universities to make Cortland County an ideal location for relocating or expanding companies.
Monthly Board Meeting Notice – 37 Church Street, Conference Room, 12:00 PM
- BDC Board Meeting – TUESDAY, November 13, 2018
- IDA Board Meeting – TUESDAY, November 13, 2018
- Next meetings are scheduled for Monday, December 10, 2018 @ Noon
Exciting Programs being offered to you
- NYS Accelerated Apprenticeship Program Workshop
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Conference Room, 37 Church Street, Cortland NY
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Please RSVP as seating is limited by calling the BDC at 756-5005
- SBDC Business Pitch Competition 2018
The competition will provide existing businesses and start-up entrepreneurs with a chance to develop their business plans for a chance to win CASH prizes for your business. 1st Place: $1000; 2nd Place $500; 3rd Place $250
The Participate you MUST:
- Have a Business in OR Reside in the Cortland County
- Be over the age of 18
- Attend all workshops in order to compete in the Final Pitch
- Not be a former winner of any SBDC Pitch Competitions.
Workshops are scheduled for Tuesday, October 23; October 30 and November 6.
Location: 37 Church Street, Conference Room
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (each day)
Click here to register: http://www.onondagasbdc.org/pitch.html
Local and state officials at the Gutchess Lumber Sports Complex groundbreaking ceremony included: BDC/IDA executive director Garry L. VanGorder; Cortlandville Town Council members John Reynolds, John Proud, and Ted Testa; Gutchess Lumber Company President Matt Gutchess; State Sen James Seward; Cortland Regional Sports Council executive director Machell Phelps; Town Board member Doug Withey; Town Supervisor Richard C. Tupper; and immediate past Gutchess president Gary Gutchess.
- Village of Homer Microenterprise Grant Click here microenterprise-grant-2018/ to find out more about this wonderful grant for
Village of Homer businesses.
- - Make sure all street and city names are spelled correctly.
- - Make sure your address includes a city and state.
- - Try entering a zip code.
Located just off Interstate 81 at Exit 10 this property is near the intersection of State Routes 41, 11 and Interstate 81 providing the main route into the county seat from most all of southern Cortland County…