Welcome to Cortland, NY!
Cortland County, located in central upstate New York’s Finger Lakes region, is home to more than 50,000 people. The county’s many and diverse employers rely on a plentiful, motivated, well-educated workforce, an excellent transportation infrastructure providing easy access to major northeastern and international markets, and proximity to one of the nation’s highest concentrations of colleges and universities to make Cortland County an ideal location for relocating or expanding companies.
Monthly Board Meeting Notice – 40 Main Street, Suite A, 2nd Floor
Conference Room, 12:00 PM
- BDC Meeting – February 10, 2020
- IDA Meeting – February 10, 2020
- Next meetings are scheduled for Monday, March 9th @ Noon
Public Hearing Notices
Past Public Hearings (2019)
- July 1, 2019 – Lapeer Cortland Solar, LLC. Lapeer Town Barn,
Clarks Corners Road, Lapeer at 6:00 PM (Notice)
- September 5, 2019 – Sepp, Inc. (Creamery Hills) @ 11:00 AM
Harford Town Hall, 394 NYS Route 38, Harford NY (Notice)
- October 15, 2019 – 83-85 Main Street, LLC, 10:00 am (Notice)
Conference Room at 40 Main Street, Suite A, Cortland NY
- November 7, 2019 – Janis Solar, LLC @ 6:00 pm
Willet Town Hall, 1425-1427 Route 41, Willet NY (Notice)
Request for Proposals – Branding and Marketing Plan Development,
Downtown Revitalization Initiative – Click here for information
Cortland County Receives REDC Project Support
Cortland County projects have been awarded more than $4.3 million in Central New York Regional Economic Development Council grants announced yesterday in Albany.
The grants include:
• $870,000 for renovation and growth at the Marathon Boat Company;
• $800,000 for JM Murray’s expansion of its operations into the former Cortland Pump building in south Cortland;
• $500,000 to assist with the proposed redevelopment of the former Parker School as a child care facility
• $200,000 for the town of Cortlandville as it continues to develop the Gutchess Lumber Sports Park as a major Northeast sports tourism destination;
• More than $400,000 for window restoration at the city of Cortland’s historic fire station; and
• $215,000 for the removal of a dam causing aquatic connectivity obstruction on the Tioughnioga River.
The awards were part of an overall $86.2 million grant to the Central New York Region, comprising Cortland, Cayuga, Madison, Oswego, and Onondaga counties. The region was a “Top Awardee” in the annual economic development competition for the seventh time in nine years.
It’s great news for us and the region again this year,” said BDC executive director Garry VanGorder, a member of the REDC board. “It’s a lot of work but we have a great team. It’s paying off.”
- - Make sure all street and city names are spelled correctly.
- - Make sure your address includes a city and state.
- - Try entering a zip code.
Thinking about starting you own business? Well here is the opportunity! This property features at 2,408 SQ FT attached apartment and 6,192 SQ FT of commercial space. Currently an Antique shop, this property could have many uses! The riverfront location would make for a great restaurant and bar. It could be retail space, small manufacturing, apartments...the possibilities are endless. Recently renovated, a brand new metal roof, two large decks, a carport...a luxury apartment...it's all here! Don't let it pass you by! Low cost village electric rates, too.…
This sturdy historic building would be perfect for a retail location, a fabrication or welding shop or any trade that could use office and warehouse with high ceilings.…
Great business opportunity! Make this your own business with a 2000 sq ft garage and 2000 sq ft of office space. Included are the solar panels with radiant floor heat and natural gas heating system to make utilities minimal.…
Multipurpose building offering both retail space (3,078 sq ft) and warehouse (5,778 sq ft). Zoned B-2 by the Town of Cortlandville. Currently used for a swimming pool supply sales business (it includes a small, in ground swimming pool). Could be used for many other types of businesses. Located between the City of Cortland and Homer Village. Just south of Interstate 81, exchange 12. Several overhead doors provide access to the warehouse space. Alarm system on site.…